2/26/2009

Weary Actress.... (Recap)

“The angry boy a bit too insane Icing over a secret pain You know you don’t belong You’re the first to fight Your’re way too loud You’re the flash of light on a burial shroud”

I am soooo tired…
Tired of laughing
Tired of trying
Tired of crying, cringing, always, always hurting.I am such a good actress that no one
Knows when I’m joking
No one knows the real me
I’m always pretending
Always trying to be.

Right now I’m weary
I have lost all my tears
All my fears… Not!
They have not dissipated
They have just been covered
By the glamour, the glitter … the pain

Who am I?
What am I?
Nobody takes me for who I really am
Everybody wants me to be their actress
Everybody wants to be the Director of the show
But haven’t I progressed enough to become my own?
Haven’t I earned the role?

Time is passing and I haven’t gotten old
No longer do I have the energy to fight
To let you know that I nbeed to be acknowledged for who I AM
Not what you see, or hope for me to be
No longer do I think it is possible to defend
I have given up …
And it hurts.

I was rewarded, but
Complacency was not one of my goals
But I have accepted it with all the glamour and glitter that acompanies it
Will I, the weary one, be able to go on…

How would you ever know?
I have been acting all my life, haven’t I?
But I don’t think I can go on…
Right now I am just tired. SIGH!!

“I wish you could step back from that ledge my friend
YOu could cut ties with all the lies that you’ve been living in
And if u do not want to see me again
I would understand”

0 Growth Spurts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails