2/03/2009

Gooooo Heat!!!

I was fortunate to get a free ticket to go see the Miami Heat Vs LA Clippers game yesterday. I was pretty excited. It was my first ever professional game experience. The thing is I am no Big supporter of the Miami heat. Infact, most times I support the opposing team regardless of who they are just because. I am though, a Dwayne Wade fan. And NOT a Dwayne Wade the basketballer fan. *giggles*. I was also excited to see Beasley. Ten years younger than I was, with a almost "missing some screws" look still had me intrigued. Off we go, late as usual.

By the time we get to the American Airlines arena game is in full swing. We get searched, get in, locate the bar, find out seats (which were pretty good too) and got into the game. As I said before, I am not a HUGE basketball fan, I like sports. I've played since I was seven and know that being a sports(wo)man is an experience by itself. The showmanship and camraderie amongst the members and especially between Wayde and Beasley was amazing. It was like those two were synced. One knew what the other was going to do before the other even thought about it, giving the clippers a harder time in the midst of already hostile fans.

That leads me to another thing. Fans and their hostility. I understand that the Clippers are from out of town. They were unable to bring their supporters but lawd, to be mean just because amazes me. Lol. I got so much stink eyes from people when I clapped when they did a good layout. I realised that my life was better if I just stayed quite. One lady Vs over 1000 angry fans would not be a good result

The only bad thing about this experience is that my camera battery died after I took a movie of the Heat Dancers. They are another story. I swear whenever they came on, all the males moved forward in their seat. How you could dance in 1/2" shorts and tops, with boots amazes me and I've been dancing since I was three years.

After the game (the Heat won) we were given the opportunity to go meet a player. Who? I asked all excited. Fixing my hair. James Jones. WHO? Lol. Hey I did say I don't know much about the team. After some tough security we eventually got to meet Jones, saw Wade close up, Beasley past (seriously he looks a little special) we were out the gates. It was a good experience and I am willing to go again. Atleast I'll know one more player this time.






0 Growth Spurts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails