2/09/2010

Near Miss #4

So I have to be extremely careful about getting pushed, hit, shoved or doing jerks with my neck. There are to be NO sudden movements, no falls, not jumps, no neck snaps...lol. It's all well and good for ME to be careful but the jackasses out there don't understand.

This morning was the worse near miss to date. I HATE Florida driver's. The most set of vagina's driving that you can find per capita. This morning I'm heading to work on a local main road to enter onto the highway. Mr. Jackass is trying to enter the road from a strip mall. He decides he must not stop, but fly straight out into the street and I was the unfortunate driver to have to SLAM on my brakes and pull over to the other lane to avoid him, and truck behind me. I was SOO pissed. 2 seconds he could have waited and then come out behind the truck. But NO. Rush they must. Half hour later my hand is on fire, my neck is pulsing, I cannot lift my arm. In other words I messed my neck up. The medication I'm on has to be taken at night. I am no longer on strong pain killers. So you know how I was in work. Eventually my boss told me I was mad.. that I need to leave. How? I couldn't even lift my left arm; my driving arm. In fact I couldn't even turn to the left. I was pissed. I try so hard to not be in a position not to get hurt. I go out I stay out of the crowd. But can I really be safe?

I've been put on bed rest with my brace till tomorrow. With this pain though I am really considering those cortisone shots. The price is deterring me too a bit and the "more pain" idea but I need to be able to use my arm. At this point I can make a slack fist, I couldn't a few hours ago. So atleast I know it is easing up.

But these near misses are starting to scare me more and more. Frustration is starting to set in. I'm really trying to stay strong because I know once I break my family will too.

Sigh!!

0 Growth Spurts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails