2/09/2010

To Silicone or Not to Silicone

I'm sure my friends are wondering "why de heck dis gyul want more breasts" lol. But I'm more thinking of putting some in my neck. Cortisone shots. It was one of the "eases" given by my doctor to help me through the process before surgery. I was a bit skeptical about it and held off on it so that I could do a little more research.

Cortisone is really a hormone produced in our body that is there to aid the body when it is under stress. Putting it into your body helps to suppress inflammation. Basically, they inject the silicon between my two discs to help ease the tension. It is painful. Depending on the needle size and the space that is needed to get the gel in between the discs. What it is is that they take a needle and inject some amounts of the hormone.

The downside of it is that the side affect can be MORE pain than before the injection known as a Cortisone flare. WTF?!! My skin may also whiten as a result of the injection. The Cortisone can also venture into my blood stream and affect other parts of my body.

I'm really considering it since I can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel for doing this surgery NOW. And it get's even more urgent in light of so many "near misses" happening.

0 Growth Spurts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails