1/20/2009

Sigh

Yesterday seems so far away... like it was... YESTERDAY. Yesterday was an utter day from hell for me. At one point I was planning my funeral. While I spent ALL day in bed trying my best to find my footing, I had time to reminisce.

I remembered when I just started having my period. I can't recall at what age it started, I know I was already in High School. I don't recall either my reaction the first time it came. I have 2 older sisters and about 8 female cousins, so it wouldn't have been much of a shock reaction. I do remember that I never really knew when it would come. Those people who counted their 21 days on a calender, I was jealous of. I would count my 21 days and 15 days later still waiting. Sometimes I wouldnt even make it to 21. Some months I wouldnt even get a visit from mother nature. It was the most unpredictable thing ever. Even though the actual presence was iffy, I always had the symptoms. Infact I was symptom free for one week in a month. For the other three weeks I would be bloated, moody, nauseous, tired, having shortness of breath. Then I started to get really bad headaches that eventually turned into extremem migraines. Migraines that would knock me out for days. They attempted to prescribe meds for my migraines. After taking me to the higest migraine meds possible and me almost hospitalized from it I was given alternative medication. Then they suggested that I may have a hormone problem which could be the cause for said symptoms. Then they discovered my ovarian cysts.

Sigh. Well the cysts discovered me initaly It's funny. My period pains would paralyze me. One time my aunt called in a prescription for pain for me at a Walgreens and I had to go myself to get it filled. My sister was driving and I was attacked by a pain burst and I grabbed her hand. I could have sworn I broke it. This other time, I remembered crawling to the bathroom because I was home alone, the next thing i remembered was my sister's dog licking my face. I had no idea how long I was passed out for. I just know all I could remember was that i wanted to get to the bathroom at one point. When i eventually got to the ER it was confirmed that my cyst had erupted. Again another bout of heavy medication and numerous doctor visits. Everybody with a different idea to "fix" things. I have an introverted uterus. I have this. I have that.

I know what I have what can I do to fix it. The bottom line came that I needed to get some extra hormones. So the pill was given. And it seemed to work for a bit. My period came like clock work, symptoms to a minimum. No more gravol. Well until yesterday. I was back in High School. Colours spinning, swollen breasts, swollen stomach, had to take gravol, pain meds, midol, ginger ale. PAIN like NO OTHER. What's going on?

I'm tired taking meds. Besides the pill and other meds, my doctor wants to give me Meds for my moods. Apparently my body doesn't work well in that department either. I'm TIRED taking medication. I'm tired feeling sick. It's a double sided sword. Take the meds and feel sick from the meds. Don't take them and be sick from the Red Devil.

Everytime I say I want to stop, my mom gives me the stink eye. Lol. You think you can handle it? I can't be on this meds for ever can I? Sigh... and everybody says "When you make a baby it will stop". Dey sure??

0 Growth Spurts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails